Thursday, February 3, 2011

jackets

Few little sweetnesses make me happier than my books. They're darling creatures. Of course, some of their tiny faces are plain like mine or wear too-tattered dresses or trousers. But books don't judge us, nor should we them. They never ask a lady to powder her face or coif her hair before building couch cocoons or readying tea kettles. They never tell a gentleman he's too un-dapper to peruse the prose. No, ma'am (or sir)! Books simply let the simples be. No muss, nor fuss. I've found no pleasanter company than that of dustbunnied paperbacks. But my library get dreadfully cold in the wintertime; and though my papery menagerie hibernates there contentedly, I think their spines must surely sh-sh-sh-shiver (though I've never heard them complain. So patient!). What a perfect opportunity to make little winter coats for my friends...some thicker covers for their paper thins. It's the least I can do. I think I'll start with the A's...Alice, perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment